01 December 2008

The first one

There are already a fair number of China-related blogs out there. Some good, a few great. This is my attempt to join the club, hopefully offering something that is difficult to find elsewhere.

I'm a British guy, living and working in central China (usually called western China - apparently Xinjiang doesn't count). I've already been here for about a year and a half, but I have no intention to leave any time soon. While I'm here I'd like to share some aspects of life in the PRC that a lot of people might not get to see. I have no intention of spouting off with any controversial essays (what would be the point - the blog would get blocked, and that would be game over), I'd just like to write about some things that interest me, and hopefully will interest you too.

I had thought about putting the blog posts into one of just three categories: Good China, Bad China, and Ugly China, hence the blog name. But I think this is doomed to failure right from the start; clearly I'll be needing a category called Just Bloody Weird, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment